Getting Started Step 1 - Get Evaluated First
Register for the Evaluation Session or Attend our 2-3 Day Intensive Camps
Finding Out Exactly Where You Are Right Now Is Step 1 to improving anything
After The Evaluation Session.
Within 3 Days Of the Evaluation
- You will receive an email outlining suggestions for training
- You will get 1 Free Training Session before registration. A chance to tryout the program.
Parents - Fastball USA is NOT for everyone. Please read and make sure your kid is a good fit.
BEFORE YOU REGISTER PLEASE UNDERSTAND OUR TRAINING IS NOT FOR EVERYONE.
A Fastball USA Student Has Special Qualities......
What Does Special Mean?
* IT'S NOT ABOUT TALENT / It's about work ethic.
* We simply want to weed out those who may not have the right mentality for our programs.
* Hint .. If your kid can't focus during the evaluation or seems disinterested....This is Probably a great sign he will not be invited to join our Academy.
* We are looking for coachable players, who will do what it takes to get better both inside and outside our training facility. They will embrace working hard, and working smart.
* We are looking for parents who are supportive but not intrusive. (parents not allowed in training area)
Why? We don't want kids looking over their shoulder to appease mom or dad. We want them to develop accountability. We want them to be aggressive and NOT be afraid of what mom or dad might say about their peformance.
* Development means failing. Our environment actually encourages failure. Learn from it, and then adjust. Parents need to reinforce this message.
* We are looking for players who will ultimately be held accountable for their training.
* We don't do a quick fix. If you're looking for a quick fix please don't bother.
Velocity Training and development takes time and patience IF you want a better chance of staying healthy.
* We don't do 6 or 8 Week Velocity Programs like the others. Why? We know not only is this a bad idea it's a terrible idea. For long term sustained power development our system works.
* Want to throw harder ? Understand the risk. The harder you throw the greater the chances of injury.
Still want to throw harder? Our programs focus on the arm health side of throwing in order to make it safer for natural velocity develpment. We are not reckless. Every player has a plan. That plan takes time.
* Players who have not only a passion for the game but a serious passion for improving.
* If your son or daughters passion is luke warm, we are not the right place for them.
* Their are close to 100 academy's in the Chicago Area. Many of our students will drive an hour or more to attend our training. Distance shouldn't be a problem. This is the type of passion we are looking for in a player and a parent.
* If your main motivation is that we are conveniently located to you...you probably don't get what we are doing. Players from all over the world travel to our facility.
* We are looking for those who are dedicated to the process. Those who will practice in between sessions.
* In short - We don't do drama.
The Goal of the Evaluation Session:
- Determine the Ability Level of the Athlete
- Determine mechanical areas of strengths
- Identify any RED FLAG AREAS, that need to be improved the most.
- Determine a starting point
- Make suggestions for training based on the athletes current ability level and age.
- 90 Minute Session by appointment
(Maximum of 6 Students Allowed per evaluation session)
Session can be up to 2.5 Hours in Length
Group Evaluations Include:
- Video Analysis (Simplified Breakdown of Mechanics)
- Power Testing (Bat Speed, Exit Velocity, Throwing Speed, Strength Test,)
- Command/Precision Testing (Throwing accuracy, and Hitting Precision)
- Arm Health Pain Evaluation (We Start with the pain)
Note - We will Not do a throwing velocity test if pain or discomfort exist.
- Q&A ( Information gathering to help determine where you are right now)
Limited Time Now $99.00
* Evaluations are done with Mike Ryan
Fastball USA Owner and long time scout with the Seattle Mariners.
NEXT EVALUATION DATE IS MONDAY, AUGUST 19TH
6:30pm - 9pm
IF YOU PREFER A INDIVIDUAL EVALUATION ON A DIFFERENT DATE - EMAIL FASTBALLUSA@HOTMAIL.COM