Step 1 - For Local Players Step 1 is To Sign UP For The Initial Evaluation Session
For those from out of town each boot camp includes the evaluation in the camp. Check out the Explosive Hitting Boot Camp or The Texas Baseball Ranch Pitching Events
About The Evaluation Session
The Purpose Of The Evaluation Session
_______________________________________________________ Evaluation Sessions are Designed for players local to us who possibly
want to do on-going training.
Out of town students should consider the Explosive Hitting Camp,
or the Wolforth Pitching Camp. You will get the evaluation as part of that camp.
The Benefits of the Evaluation Event Session:
* Identify obvious areas of strength and areas that need improvement
* Determine which program is the right fit for the individual
* This is step 1 to creating long term and short term goals for the athlete
After The Evaluation -
You will be notified within 72 hours of the evaluation if you have been offered a spot in our Academy. For those offered a spot we will also include training options that best fit the individual based on the evaluation results and also considering age and ability level of the student.
Note -Not every student we evaluate is offered a spot in our training center. It's rare but on occasion we don't offer a spot. Our programs are not for everyone. We are not judging based on talent. It's not about talent.
The Evaluation/Interview Process Allows Us To Choose Our Students -
* IT'S NOT ABOUT TALENT * We simply want to weed out those who may not have the right mentality for our programs. * We are looking for coachable players, who will do what it takes to get better both inside and outside our training facility. * We are looking for parents who are supportive but not intrusive.
* We are looking for players who will ultimately be held accountable for their training.
* Players who have not only a passion for the game but a serious passion for improving.
* In short - We don't do drama.
For those who are offered a spot in our academy -
1. We will give you a suggested training program based on what the individual needs * You will be given 2 or 3 options that fit best into your travel, schedule, and budget SENT TO YOUR EMAIL WITHIN 72 HOURS AFTER THE EVALUATION.
2. Among these options we will includes cost,
# of training days, and how often to attend.
3. We will help the athlete determine short term and long term goals.
Short term = within the next year, and long term = the next 3 to 4 years.
4. You might be given an opportunity to try out our program with a FREE CLASS.
Welcome to the Fastball Family!
Evaluations Consist Of:
A. Capturing Video of the Individual typically both throwing and hitting. Overall throwing and positional throwing. Example (Pitcher/Catcher/Infielder/Outfielder)
B. Total Baseball Power Testing TBP
* Bat Speed * Ball Exit Velocity * Ball Flight * Ball Direction